Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

This is a test Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is a test   This is a test EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 10:30 pm

Wartime Press
ORIGIN OF THE SHIELD
This is a test Activityicon.gif?v=1I don't believe this story has ever been told before.  It's not exciting or anything like that but it's also not just some random piece that become the symbol for everything Roster Wars.

In 2005, a younger man than I named Andy had only heard of fantasy football, only had a cheap or free shitty computer and probably couldn't name more than 20 NFL players off the top of his head.  Along came a guy named Matt (who one day would become the Minnesota Destroyers) who worked with Andy and he was looking to fill a spot in his redraft league.  Andy, knowing next to nothing agreed to share the team with another work friend named Dale...and their team THE HUNG RATS (another story in and of itself) was born.  The first player drafted....RB Brian Westbrook...who I had never heard of before.  laughing  Well, as it should go we made it to the championship that season of course.  That week, Andy and Dale just couldn't agree on our lineup and IIRC, it surrounded TE Jeremy Shockey whom Dale wanted to play because he was in a crucial divisional game that week.  I, on the other hand, felt Shockey was a loser and couldn't be trusted.  How did it play out?  Shockey got 1 point.  We lost by 2 points.  I don't remember who I was pounding the table for (probably nobody) but every other option scored more than 3 points so it doesn't matter...we would have won....and Dale knew it...still knows it...he never played fantasy football again.  
It didn't take getting to that point for young Andy to fall in love with fantasy football though and while the defeat was crushing for more than one reason, it didn't phase him.  This may come as a shock to you but shortly into the 2006 calendar young Andy was impatient about whether the league was going to restart or if they would be invited again...so he set out to start his own.  I believe that year it was an RTS site with few frills but this is where things really get started.  The search was on for things that made leagues bigger and better.  MFL was discovered.  Leagues showcased for their customization were discovered.  LIGHTBULB!!!

In 2007, I attempted to smash a bunch of square pegs I called friends into circular holes known as my vision for the ultimate league.  Knowing nothing about graphics, coding or anything for that matter I had forced everyone to kick in some extra dollars that year so we could pay for customization work.  This is where our shield was born.  The shape was the same but it looked rather different than it does today.  It was perfect and I loved it.  Eventually the whole square pegs into circular holes issue became apparent and the league dissolved.  My dream was dead.

Big steps forward. Joined some leagues.  Left some leagues.  Met some diehards and met many who who weren't.  Somewhere between 2007 and 2008 I had tried graphics on my own...shit I would cringe at today and using prehistoric tools to do it too.  In 2009, I was convinced to play IDP (thanks Shawn - Psychos).  Loved it!  

In 2011, once again I was dreaming of THE LEAGUE.  One that held nothing back.  One that had it all.  Some said it would never work.  That year I came across the old shield and thought it was all too fitting...it had to be resurrected for this league.

In 2012, Roster Wars was born!
Back to top Go down
https://myfantasygraphics.board-directory.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

This is a test Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is a test   This is a test EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 12:10 am

Wartime Press
Monster Matchups - Week 15
TT CHAMPIONSHIP Edition
It's the TT Championship game! Congrats to both Matt and Han-Yang for making it through incredibly tough games last week. Trouble is, it doesn't get any easier...

The Golddiggers represent Chapter 6 after finishing as runners-up behind the Minions, and the Pigskins stand for Chapter 4, winning that division. Both finished 9-3 in the regular season but Matt put up 238 more points over the 12 weeks, averaging nearly 20 a week more.

They met in week 9 and the Pigskins ran riot, winning 350 to 272. Ouch. The pair have met 4 times in Roster Wars history. Han-Yang got of to a good start back in 2012 but Matt has swept the leg since then, so leads 3-1 overall.
Let's Get Offensive!
You'll do well to get this far without good quarterbacking. But the Golddiggers have managed it. A solid pair on paper, Matt Ryan (QB20) and Ryan Tannehill (QB18) have both disappointed this season. They are young enough and good enough to bounce back and the matchups aren't terrible this week but they are not an inspiring pairing.

Pigskins outgun them though. Tom Terrific is, well, terrific. With no WR's of any note left, he still puts up points every week and Gronk is a big help there. He's paired with Ryan Fitzpatrick who has been great recently, scoring 30, 27 and 26 in his last 3. Eli benched after being Good Eli last week. Brave - and probably correct - choice.

Matt is in a mess at RB. He's playing Tim Hightower – I can't see him getting 28 touches this week, but he will get volume - and Bryce Brown. The Seahawks just re-signed Christine Michael so who knows what will happen there this week. It's a brave play and Matt may well change his mind here depending on what news filters out of Seattle as the week goes on.

Han-Yang has mixed fortunes at RB. Eddie Lacy is back to form and is a solid start and Spencer Ware's injury is a huge help to Charcandrick West's workload. The bad news is in the form of Jonathan Stewart who has just been declared out. You didn't think he was going to play every week in a season, did you...?

The WR's are a lot stronger. Philadelphia starts 4, led by Julio who has a much better matchup against the Jags than he did against Carolina last week. Brandon Marshall has looked great this year and makes a nice stack with Fitzmagic. Demaryius has been poor this year but if anyone can bring Denver out of their shell, it's the high octance offense / zero octane defense of the Steelers. Finally, Amendola, assuming he plays, at least has a solid floor. A great group.

Han-Yang's is as good, if not better. OBJ leads the way and he looks damned good. He is ably supported by Jarvis Landry and Brandin Cooks who both have matchups I like this week. The final piece of the puzzle is Eric Decker. Another high floor WR who might help mitigate the effect of Pigskins' Fitzpatrick. Excellent line-ups on both sides here.

Matt will still be loving his TE pairing with the currently uninjured Jordan Reed and the on fire Delanie Walker. Both have been in fine form and are excellent starts at a weak position. To have 2 is a definite edge.

Han-Yang starts the only playable Charger this week in Antonio Gates. He should get plenty of targets against the Dolphins as there's not much else Rivers can throw to with the injuries the Charger have suffered.

So Matt is a clear win at QB and TE with Han-Yang taking the RB's and WR's. Interesting.

Kickers? It's a draw. Both score 12. Or 3. Fucked if I have a clue.

Don't Be Defensive...
Golddiggers go with Jordan Phillips at DT. I'm ashamed to say I know nothing about this guy but he's edged in to double figures in 3 of the last 4 weeks. There are 3 starters at DE. Jordan Cameron Jordan has a nice matchup against the very sackable Matt Stafford and Brock Osweiler looked VERY sackable last week. That gives Cam Heyward a chance. Not so keen on Gholston but not too shabby overall.

We covered Matt's defensive weaknesses last week though the defensive line isn't bad at all. He sticks with Jaye Howard at DT and Ziggy Ansah at DE. They totalled just 24 points last week and Matt will be hoping for a better showing here.

Han-Yang plays four linebackers. Sean Lee is the star here, scoring over 20 points in each of the last 3. Rookie Stephone Anthony is a notch below that but can go off and Mosley has been disappointing of late. Lots of hope for the future in these 3 though. Timmons rounds the foursome out and he's solid if unspectacular.

Pigskins go with 3. I'm officially worried about Karlos Dansby. He was studly earlier this season but his last 4 scores total 51 with a 7 and a 3 in the last 2 games. Shite. Justin Durant has 44 points over his last 4. Shitter. Luckily, Khalil Mack is the 3rd starter. Did you see him last week? That was fun watching that. Scary as. He's obviously streaky as an OLB but man, he's hot at the moment.

San Francisco go with just Marcus Peters at CB but he's been as good as any IDP rookie this year. Philadelphia go with 2. Brent Grimes has been pretty pedestrian so far this year – due a big game perhaps  - and Prince Amukamara has been quiet since his return from injury. Week 14 was no better.

I really like Golddiggers starting pair of safeties. Kurt Coleman has been one of the revelations of the season and Malcolm Jenkins is always good for fantasy. Both are in nice situations this week.

The Pigskins start 4. I'm not sure I like Will Allen's matchup against Denver much but he got a sack last week and that would help. I do like Chris Conte against the Rams. They do run a lot but don't give up many tackle ops. Goldson and Addae should be okay but nothing here to get too excited about.

You left who out?!??!
Matt has some options on offence. Kamar Aiken could be a nice play this week, as could James Jones. Josh Norman on D facing Eli must be tempting too. Han-Yang has DJax, Sims, Julius Thomas and Rueben Randle all as viable starters, and Sheldon Richardson and Xavier Rhodes are not bad IDP options.

So, what did you say the score was?
It's another barn-burner. Both should be north of 320 points and it's tough to call. I have to stick with Matt's Pigskins in a tight one.

You want to know the other results?
Don't even know who's in the DD matchup. Shit conference.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

This is a test Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is a test   This is a test EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 12:51 am

Wartime Press
The 2-Minute Drill Wild Card Weekend Playoff Edition
This is a test ArticleheadertwominutedrillWelcome everyone to the 2-Minute Drill... We finally made it to the dance!  The World War IV Playoff brackets are set as well as the Best of the Worst.  We have the ever-so-fun "Call Out" games this week with the Wild Card teams taking center stage.  The top two seeds in each conference patently wait on the sidelines to see who their opponents will be!  Let's get right to the action on this playoff edition of the 2-Minute Drill!
{#3 SEED}
325.22pts
(+0)
{#5 SEED}
214.84pts
(+1)
{#3 SEED}
281.90pts
(+1)
{#6 SEED}
298.48pts
(+2)
The Muskies called out the Growlers in this Chapter Three showdown that went down to the wire during the season... This one, not at close.  Muskego got monster games from QB Aaron Rodgers, DE Jason Pierre-Paul, and S Malcolm Jenkins in route to a lop sided victory in this one!  Kingdom City was on the decline due to various injuries down the stretch... They just ran out of gas.  The Muskies advance to the next round of the DD playoffs!  Congrats fishies!The Bombers called out the Marauders and threatened to go pumpkin smashing all day long... Problem is, these pumpkins fought back!  Huge upset in the making in this one!  Mohawk Ridge got big time performances from RB Matt Forte, WR A.J. Green, and TE Greg Olsen while the Bombers are going to sit and stare at the big goose egg from DE Calais Campbell all offseason.  This one isn't quite over yet though.  The Bombers do still have TE Jason Witten while the Marauders have WR Dez Bryant and DE Greg Hardy... Not a likely comeback, but anything can happen in this crazy NFL season.  Congrats to whoever moves on to the next round of the TT playoffs!
{#3 SEED}
325.22pts
(+0)
{#5 SEED}
214.84pts
(+1)
{#3 SEED}
281.90pts
(+1)
{#6 SEED}
298.48pts
(+2)
The Muskies called out the Growlers in this Chapter Three showdown that went down to the wire during the season... This one, not at close.  Muskego got monster games from QB Aaron Rodgers, DE Jason Pierre-Paul, and S Malcolm Jenkins in route to a lop sided victory in this one!  Kingdom City was on the decline due to various injuries down the stretch... They just ran out of gas.  The Muskies advance to the next round of the DD playoffs!  Congrats fishies!The Bombers called out the Marauders and threatened to go pumpkin smashing all day long... Problem is, these pumpkins fought back!  Huge upset in the making in this one!  Mohawk Ridge got big time performances from RB Matt Forte, WR A.J. Green, and TE Greg Olsen while the Bombers are going to sit and stare at the big goose egg from DE Calais Campbell all offseason.  This one isn't quite over yet though.  The Bombers do still have TE Jason Witten while the Marauders have WR Dez Bryant and DE Greg Hardy... Not a likely comeback, but anything can happen in this crazy NFL season.  Congrats to whoever moves on to the next round of the TT playoffs!
That wraps it up for this edition. Catch you all next week for the Divisional Playoff Round of the 2-Minute Drill! Good night everybody!

-Mike Diggs
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

This is a test Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is a test   This is a test EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 2:28 pm

Wartime Press
Back, and to the Future
This is a test BackToTheFuture_0_
The History of the Napperville Divine

Stats and Facts

• Where it all began.  We need to go back to the Original Minnesota Destroyers owned by a fellow named Matt.

• He built the team originally in the spring of 2012 and did one rookie draft in 2013 and ran the team somewhat successfully for 2 seasons.

• The Destroyers had a 5 win and 7 loss season in 2012 and followed that up with a 8 win and 4 loss second campaign.

• The Destroyers were a mediocre 1 and 2 in their playoffs quests.  They scored a total of 7283 points in their 2 seasons while surrendering 7192.

• Respectable numbers all in all, but nothing that would garner attention nationally.

• At the completion of the of 2013 season Matt handed in his notice that he was leaving the RW and the team was relocated to Napperville, renamed the Divine, and was now run by a fellow named Craig.

• What has transpired during Craigs' first two seasons of running the Divine?  Well two somewhat uninspiring back to back 4 and 8 seasons in 2014 and 2015, no Championship Brackets runs, 6856 pts scored while surrendering 7043.  However, in the Consolation Brackets the Divine is a decent 4 wins and 3 losses.

• Craig has now chaired and overseen 3 drafts ('14, '15, and '16).  Here is how they shaped up.

2014 Draft Class

• 1.04 Teddy Bridgewater
  • 3.04 Christian Kirksey
  • 5.04 James White
  • 6.04 Scott Crichton
  • 7.04 Jimmy Garoppolo

2015 Draft Class

• 1.03 Amari Cooper
  • 2.03 Jaelan Strong
  • 2.07 Maxx Williams
  • 3.03 Tyler Lockett
  • 3.04 Landon Collins
  • 4.03 Bud Dupree
  • 5.03 Jeremy Langford
  • 6.03 Pernell McPhee
  • 7.03 Preston Smith

2016 Draft Class

• 4.05 Leonard Floyd
  • 6.05 Vonn Bell
  • 7.05 Roberto Aquay

'14, '15, '16 Draft Class Summation

• Craig went early for the Franchise QB is his first draft, but has since moved on from Bridgewater and secured Mariota to replace him.  This seems like a solid move.  The rest of the 2014 draft class is fairly nondescript.  Kirsksey, White, and Crichton all contribute but none are setting a bar at their respective positions.

• In Craigs' second draft he went armed with more picks and a solid game plan that he seemed to execute reasonably well.  He wanted WR's, he needed WR's, and well he got some WR's.  In came Amari Cooper, Jaelan Strong, and Tyler Lockett.  So far 2 out of 3 are showing great promise.   Craig went for one of, if not the top rated TE in the draft, but TE's take time to develop, so the book is still out on Maxx Williams at this time.  Value was found with Jeremy Langford in the 5th round.  Some solid IDP players were brought in  with the likes of the Top Safefy in Landon Collins and the Outside LB from Pittsburgh in Bud Dupree.  This has the makings of a very solid Draft Class for the Divine.

• Craig was not a fan of the 2016 draft class and thus he moved most of his picks keeping only 4yth, 6th, and 7th round flyers.  Amazingly he used them well in this writers opinion.  He nabbed OLB Leonard Floyd from his hometown Bears, took a shot at a Pittsburgh safety, and used a lowly seventh to secure a Kicker.  Not bad, again it appears 2 out of 3 should provide some value.

The Divines Tagging

2014 Tags

• SFT - NOT USED
  • FT - Marvin Jones signed to a 4 yr
  • TT - Michael Brockers signed to a 5 yr
  • EXT - Tom Brady signed to a 1 yr

2015 Tags

• SFT - Ben Roethlisberger signed to a 4 yr
  • FT - Bobby Wagner signed to a 5 yr
  • TT - Jurrell Casey signed to a 3 yr
  • EXT - CJ Spiller signed to a 1 yr

2016 Tags

• SFT - NOT USED
  • FT - Tyrann Mathieu signed to a 5 yr
  • TT - Stefan Diggs signed to a 4 yr
  • EXT - NOT USED
  • (New) COMP - NOT USED

'14, '15, '16 Tagging Summation

• In hindsight the 2014 SFT should have been used on Brady and perhaps the 50 bucks FT should have been not used on Marvin Jones.  Signing a decent DT like Brockers for 25 seems reasonable.

• The 2015 signings were all solid until Spiller (argh).  However, most of us have all heard the hyperbole and hoped for him to bust loose in the Big Easy.  However, the only thing he seems to bust are his appendages.  The SFT, FT, and TT were well used in this writers opinion.  The signing of Big Ben for a cool 100, Booby Wagner (no typo) for a 50 spot, and another 25 piece on a DT to slap on that line in Casey.

• 2016 brought in a new tag, the compensation tag, with it being new I am not surprised it was not used.  However, not using the Extension Tag was surprising.  Guess Buddy Jesus needed more in the offering plate that week and it wasn't in the budget.  Signing the Honey Badger for 50 and Diggs for 25 seems like money well spent though.

• Lots of 3, 4 and 5 yr deals handed out to the tagged guys bringing value to the spending.

Q and A with Craig the Owner and General Manager of the Divine

Q1 -- When you took over the Destroyers team what did you think of the overall roster condition? (picks, bucks, and player personal)

Craig – I had the choice of two teams and I felt the Destroyers were the better of the two teams.  At the time, the Destroyers had the top player on offense, Lesean McCoy and JJ Watt on defense.  The one thing that I didn’t factor in was that Chapter 4 was so dominant that it would take me some time to climb the mountain.  I also didn’t realize how much better the TT is at playing fantasy football than the DD (Just Kidding).  To be honest, I didn’t care which franchise I received.  I was just so happy to be in Roster Wars.

My takeaway ... Craig is happy to be here in RW's, and RW's is happy to have him.

Q2 -- What was you initial outlook on building and or retooling the roster?  Things that were in place vs things that needed fixing?

Craig – When I took over the team, I felt that my QB's were rock solid, I had McCoy and Watt and decent amount of WB's.  My LB's were also really good.  My WR’s were my weakness and they are the main reason why I struggled the first two years.  I thought my team was solid and had an outside chance to make the playoffs.

My takeaway ... Amazing how quickly values change in the NFL.  McCoy's value has diminished some. Going to Buffalo ain't what it use to be under Kelly, Reed, and Thurmal.

Q3 -- Did you think the first 2 years would results in back to back 4 and 8 seasons?  Thoughts on this?

Craig –  I blame myself for the poor record.  I made a few mistakes that I wish I could have had a do over, but I have to live with my errors.  Last year, I made the decision to rebuild by trading JJ Watt.  This hurt me last year, but I think it has put me in a position to improve if I draft well.

My takeaway ... Craig did really well selling high on Watt and getting a great return in terms of overall value.  If he uses the picks wisely the team record will improve in the not to distant future.

Q4 -- Where do you think your team will finish this year in the Chapter, in record, and in the Brackets?

Craig – I can’t predict where my team will end up because my WR’s are still young and my RB’s are really weak.  Pigskins are still really strong so Matt is probably the team to beat.  Dave is also pretty strong so I could have trouble beating him.  If things go well, I am hoping to beat Russ, but you never know.  My goal would be to improve enough to win the loser bracket at the end of the year.

My takeaway ... My mind is doing a Flashback to an old SNL skit called "Lower Expectations."

Q5 -- What do you think of your fellow Chapter 4 teams ... Pigskins, Brawlers, Bombers?

Criag – I really like the teams in Chapter 4.  Matt and Dave are two of the original RW members and I hope it stays that way.  They are both very professional and are very skilled at managing their teams.  I think that Matt’s team is really old, so he may have to start over soon.  Russ is still relatively new to RW's, but I really like having him in the Chapter.  He contributes a lot in the forum and he has a great personality for this league.  Overall, I am lucky to be in this Chapter with 3 really nice guys.

My takeaway ... Never hurts to schmooze your contemporaries... lol.

Q6 -- You have now done 3 Rookie Drafts, please talk about your best hits and misses?  Best value picks?

Craig –  My biggest draft blunder was taking Bridgewater in my first draft so early.  There are so many other young WRs who I could have had.  I thought he was going to be a really solid QB.  I felt that Brady was near the end of his career so I wanted to get younger at QB before it was too late.  Last year I think I had a very good draft.  Cooper, Lockett, Langford, Collins were all really good picks.  Jaelen Strong and Max Williams haven’t done much yet, so they could both be busts.  For this year, I had an extremely negative vibe on all the players so I traded out of most of the picks for Dorial Green Beckham and Marcus Mariotta through trades.

My takeaway ... You had a plan and executed it.  I applaud that, and actually concur for the most part.   Although, no draft class is devoid of talent.

Q7 -- Best trades you have made to help your team and worst trade(s) you wish you had a do over on?

Craig – Best trade I made was getting rid of JJ Watt for Kelvin Benjamin and three 1st round picks and a 2nd.  If I draft well this will help me transform my RB's next year.  The best trade that I made the 1st year was obtaining Jeremy Maclin and a 2nd for Michael Crabtree.   I have made some crappy trades also.  Trading Tom Brady for a 3rd round was stupid.  I thought Brady was ready to retire and I didn’t want to spend the 50 WB's to resign him.  The worst thing that I never did was not trading LeSean McCoy for three 1st round draft picks.  McCoy was the top offensive option the year before so I was drinking the cool aid. I really could have used those picks.

My takeaway ... Any time you get offered three 1st rounders you really need to consider pulling the trigger, no matter who is being asked for IMO.

Q8 --  What constitutes a good year this season and what would constitute a bad season this year?  Basically where are the bars set?

Craig – I would expect to go 6-6 this year.  My defense looks really solid.  I spent a lot of WB's building the D-Line.  My LB's will hopefully be healthy and my DB's are really good.  I am planning on Mariota to have a good year.  I gave up a lot to get him so I hope the gamble pays off.  The key to my season is for my WR’s to develop.  If they develop, I think I have an outside chance to make the playoffs.  Next year will be the key for me.  My plan is to build my RB's through the draft class.  I should have a couple of early picks which will help a lot.  My overall goal is to make playoffs next year and to hopefully be a strong team for several years.

My takeaway ... Seems like a plan has been initiated and is being executed.  Sounds like the Bombers, Piggly Wigglys, and Brawlers should be getting prepared to get down on their knees and receive their Penance in the not to distant future.

Closing Summation

In closing this writer asks its readers where do you see the Divine franchise at this time?  What moves have they made that seem impressive and smart, and what moves on the opposite end of the spectrum seem like an exercise of fantasy football masturbation to you?  What draft picks and or free agent signings have you liked and what picks were over hyped that you disliked?  how have the Tags been used or not used in your opinions?

This writer thinks that the "Napperville Divine" are building their team with a clear goal in mind.  Sure they may seem a little ridged and overly methodical at times, and they are not out splashing wads of WB's on mediocre free agents.  After all they are in the TT, home of the frugal and thrifty.  They are not usually found out trading for the sake of saying "they made a trade."  I see the Divine as rather humble and down to business type team.  I believe Craig has a plan and is sticking with it to this point.  It might be a slower plan than some would like, but Rome was not built in a day and maintainable long term fantasy success, where teams are competitive and in the hunt year to year is not built on herky jerky moves IMO.  The Divine are avoiding taking short cuts and seem to be looking at the big picture overall.

With all that being said Craig is a solid owner who brings much to the RW boards.  I thank him for taking the time to properly fill out and answer the questions sent to him.  I'm sure if any reasonable questions are asked within this thread afterwards he will take the time to answer them as long as it does not involve tipping a strategic hand.  So, please show the same respect you would want when engaging in this conversation, the writer thanks you for taking the time to read and participate in this look "Back, and to the Future."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This is a test Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is a test   This is a test Empty

Back to top Go down

This is a test
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1